Whether you’d like to lose a few pounds, enhance your love life, or make more money, your habits are important. Your current situation is the result of your habits. Habits control what we do and think each day. Your thoughts and actions add up over weeks, months, and years. Your circumstances are the result.
For example, your physique is the culmination of the eating and exercise habits you’ve had over the last several years. Your financial situation is no different. Your social life is the grand result of your beliefs, attitudes, and actions regarding other people.
Regardless of your objective, you won’t be successful without habits that contribute to that success. By changing your habits, you can create the abundance you desire.
Use these strategies to develop habits that bring you abundance:
1. Raise your glass ceiling. We have a level of abundance that’s challenging to surpass. We might be able to see ourselves earning $100,000 per year, but can’t wrap our minds around $500,000. Some numbers seem impossible to reach.
* If you don’t believe you can do it, you’ll prove yourself correct. Work each day to raise your level of expectation. Visualize earning more than you believe is possible. Stick with that image until the resistance melts away. When you can imagine it without feeling uncomfortable, you’re on the road to success.
2. Keep negative thoughts and emotions out of your head. This is especially important when it comes to earning money and your lifestyle. You can control your thoughts. Negative thoughts lead to negative outcomes. Take a deep breath. Let the thoughts go, and get back to work. It requires practice to stay positive. There’s no time like the present to start practicing.
3. Have a clear goal. Whether you believe in God, the universe, or yourself as the source of your success, you can’t get what you want if you’re unable to define it. Know what you want and develop a plan to achieve it.
* Make a habit of reviewing your goals daily. Set aside a few minutes twice a day to review and visualize reaching your goals.
4. Provide as much value as possible. Money is a compact, liquid form of value. You can use it to purchase any item or service. Without money, we’d be trading chickens, goats, milk, and rubies for goods and services. It’s hard to fit a goat in your pocket.
* Understand that you can’t receive something of value, including money, without providing value. Praying to the universe, hoping, rubbing chicken bones together, and howling at the moon don’t provide value to anyone. So, they’re unreliable means of bringing more value into your life.
* Spend each day brainstorming ways you can help others and charge them for it. You only need one good idea. Once you have a good idea, get busy bringing it to life.
Studies have shown that habits are best changed slowly. Big changes are very difficult to maintain and uncomfortable to even begin. Add a new habit into your life a piece at a time. It might take weeks or even months to have a new habit fully implemented. That’s okay. How many positive habits have you added in the last five years? Slow results are better than none.
Remember to look at the habits that are currently limiting your abundance. Remove them from your life slowly.
Your habits create your environment. Creating effective habits will increase the level of abundance in your life. Avoid being in a rush. Seek to improve slowly, but consistently. Abundance is coming your way.